A.D. Engineering International provides complete Overheight Vehicle Detection Systems including detectors, electronic warning signs, alarm, mounting poles and all needed accessories.
Overheight Detection System monitors vehicles height and warn drivers if their vehicle exceeds the maximum height for the approaching overhead structure, whether that be a tunnel entrance, low bridge underpass or a gantry sign.
When an overheight vehicle is detected by the system, the electronic warning signs and flashing lamps are activated. If connected, it can also trigger an audible alarm in the central control room. The detectors are capable of detecting overheight vehicles traveling at up to 100 km/h, even in rain, snow, or dusty conditions. Overheight Detection Systems are proven to minimize or eliminate the occurrence of incidents caused by overheight vehicles.
Our Overheight Vehicle Detection Systems typically consist of:
- Dual infrared beam transmitters and receivers
- Electronic warning signs with flashing LED lamps
- Uninterruptable power supply
- Aluminium enclosure with anti-corrosion coating
- Weather protection against snow, rain and dust clouds
- Weather hood and mounting bracket made of stainless steel
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Insensitive to ambient light
- Built-in lens heaters to prevent condensation or icing
- Audible alarm
- Video cameras
Electronic Warning Signs
- Ultra-bright LED flashing lamps
- Static and/or Variable Message Sign display
- Robust weatherproof design
- Vandal resistant aluminium enclosure